BRPT Quick Takes
July 24, 2012
SHMR/BRPT Free Webinar Series
More than 2,430 BRPT credential holders participated in the Sleep Health Therapeutic Interventions webinar, the first in a series of three BRPT-sponsored webinars, produced by Sleep Health Management Resources, Inc. More than 91% of you said the information was relevant and useful to your profession. And, the comments received following the course were excellent. Here’s what some of you had to say:
- “I really liked the presentation with the interactive questions.”
- “A very comprehensive and detailed discussion of PAP treatment - from anatomy, physiology and AASM rules to remember. It was very helpful!”
- “Very interesting topic. Presenter was very clear and enthusiastic. It will definitely impact my work in the sleep lab.”
- “GREAT PRESENTATION!”
Thanks to all who participated!
BRPT Names Jim Magruder Executive Director
Last month, the BRPT named Jim Magruder, Executive Director. Magruder began his position full time on June 15 – succeeding former Executive Director, John Ganoe, who resigned in May to take a position with the Community Associations Institute. Magruder has extensive experience in association management in areas ranging from operational issues to financial matters and government affairs. In his previous role as Vice President for the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators (AAMVA), Magruder worked closely with the organization’s membership to successfully implement the REAL ID Act, which established security and issuance standards for state driver’s licenses and identification cards. To read the full text of the news release, click here.
Don’t Miss These Important Dates
- August 23: The next BRPT-sponsored RPSGT Board Review course – The Pathway To Your Credential – will be offered in Newton, Iowa during the Iowa Sleep Society Meeting. Topics include: Calibration & Recording Techniques; Troubleshooting Artifact; Staging, Arousals and Calculations; Respiratory, ECG, PLMS and Calculations; PAP Titrations; Techniques for Successful Certification. For more information, visit http://www.iasleepsociety.org/
- September 20: Become a Clinical Sleep Educator! Register for the CSE certificate program at the Peppermill Resort in Reno, Nevada. The CSE program will offer 8 hours of continuing education credit for sleep technologists, respiratory therapists, and nurses. To learn more about the CSE program and to register click here [live link]: http://www.brpt.org/default.asp?contentID=185
- September 20-22: RPSGTs register today for the sixth annual BRPT Symposium in Reno, Nevada at the Peppermill Resort. Participants will have the opportunity to earn up to 13 CSTE credits while attending provocative and informative sessions and meeting with an exceptional group of exhibitors. To view the agenda and to register click here [live shortened link] http://www.cvent.com/events/6th-annual-brpt-symposium/invitation-6a8cefff9b3f46868e6a2ec0e1f6c22b.aspx?i=6d33ad21-549c-4b54-b21c-6c58bf4f8e2c Note: On Thursday evening, September 20 BRPT will host an opening reception for both CSE and Symposium participants; the Symposium program begins on Friday.
- October 1-5: SHMR free webinar entitled Sleep Health Taking a BITE out of OSA with Oral Appliance Therapy
- December 3-7: SHMR free webinar entitled Post Traumatic Stress and Its Role in Sleep