BRPTís CSE Program Wins Praise At FOCUS
The BRPTís Clinical Sleep Educator (CSE) Certificate Program at the recent FOCUS conference in Nashville, Tennessee was a huge success with more than 370 attendees. Thanks to all who attended Ė your energy and enthusiasm made for a terrific day. Stay tuned for more information on a second program offered in conjunction with BRPTís Symposium in Reno, Nevada.
For more information on the CSE Program, Click Here!
Andrea Patterson Call For Applications
BRPT is now accepting applications for the third annual Andrea Patterson Memorial Scholarship Program. The Scholarship Program, named in honor of an early and highly regarded leader in the field of sleep technology, awards a $2,500 tuition grant each year to a promising student of polysomnography.
Scholarship applicants must be enrolled in or accepted by a CAAHEP-accredited program in PSG, a CoARC-accredited program with a PSG add-on or an accredited END program with a PSG add-on. The scholarship application, a full description of eligibility requirements and other program details are available at www.brpt.org. Applications must be completed and returned to the BRPT no later than close of business November 1. The Andrea Patterson Memorial Scholarship Committee is chaired by BRPT Board member, Theresa Krupski, RPSGT, RRT. The Committee will select the scholarship recipient and the winner will be announced in January 2013.
RPSGTs: Register Today For the 2012 BRPT Symposium!
The sixth annual BRPT Symposium will be held September 20-22 in Reno, Nevada at the Peppermill Resort. Participants will have the opportunity to earn up to 13 CSTE (Continuing Sleep Technology Education) credits while attending provocative and informative sessions and meeting with an exceptional group of exhibitors. And, on September 20, the BRPT will offer a full-day Clinical Sleep Educator (CSE) certificate program at the Peppermill Resort, awarding qualifying participants with an assessment-based certificate as a Clinical Sleep Educator.
Symposium highlights include:
- Jayme R. Matchinski, Esq., a partner in the law firm Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, will deliver the keynote address focusing on litigation and its impact on sleep medicine
- Ed Grandi, Executive Director of the American Sleep Apnea Association, will discuss how a Clinical Sleep Educator will be a key player in the future of sleep medicine
- Dr. Michael Coppola, President and Chief Medical Officer of the American Sleep Apnea Association, will provide an update on current and future guidance/regulations for commercial vehicle drivers
- BRPT Past President Janice East, RPSGT, R. EEG T. and Nigel Ball, PhD will discuss the evolving role of primary care physicians in sleep medicine
- Case studies will be presented on PAP Therapy: Advanced Techniques in PAP Therapy and The Right Time and Place for AutoPAP
- There will be a panel discussion on the Pros and Cons of daytime versus nighttime scoring
Register today! http://www.cvent.com/events/6th-annual-brpt-symposium/invitation-6a8cefff9b3f46868e6a2ec0e1f6c22b.aspx?i=6d33ad21-549c-4b54-b21c-6c58bf4f8e2c
Congratulations to Cameron Harris, BS, RPSGT -- BRPT's CAAHEP commissioner, who was recently elected President of CAAHEP, as announced at the CAAHEP meeting in San Diego. We know Cameron will do a fantastic job!
SAVE THE DATE!
The next RPSGT Board Review course will be offered on August 23, 2012 in Newton, Iowa during the Iowa Sleep Society Meeting. Stay tuned for details coming soon!