The following texts are provided by BRPT™ as suggested primary reference
materials to assist applicants for the Registered Polysomnographic Technologist
(RPSGT™) credential in preparation for the RPSGT™ Examination.
The BRPT™ presents this list in the sincere hope that it will serve to
enhance the knowledge and skill level of those desiring to demonstrate
professional competence in the field of sleep technology. We encourage you to
use these references as just one “tool” in your journey towards achieving the
This list is not intended to be inclusive of all potentially useful resources
nor does inclusion on this list constitute an endorsement by the BRPT™ or any
officers or representatives of the BRPT™. The BRPT™ does not endorse any
particular book as being completely accurate and we recommend that applicants
utilize multiple resources in the process of preparation for the exam.
Links to purchase these materials directly from this page are provided for
your convenience, but you are in no way required to obtain the references from
Good luck in your preparation!
The current professional standards and guidelines are available at no charge at http://www.aasmnet.org/:
Numerous sleep technology and medicine text books are available for candidates such as:
- Fundamentals of Sleep Medicine, R. Berry
- Fundamentals of Sleep Technology, 2nd Edition. T. Lee-Chiong
- Principles and Practice of Sleep Medicine, 5th Edition. Kryger, Roth, and Dement
- Sleep Disorders Medicine, 3rd Edition. S. Chokroverty
- EEG Primer: Basic Principles of Digital and Analog EEG, 3rd Edition. Fisch and Spehlmann
- Polysomnography for the Sleep Technologist:
Instrumentation, Monitoring, and Related Procedures by Robertson, Marshall, & Carno
Sleep and Sleep-Related Organizations
Most professional associations have educational areas on their websites.