The Andrea Patterson Memorial Scholarship is being reshaped to better address the foundational intention of improving the education of students pursuing sleep education and therefore will not be offered in 2016. We look forward to offering a scholarship that meets a broader need of students pursuing a career in clinical sleep health.
List of Scholarshp Winners by Year
- 2011 Dana Marie Mason Daniels, Sandhills Community College
- 2012 Surafel Taddese, Johnson County Community College
- 2013 Amanda Perry, Baptist Health Schools Little Rock
- 2014 Euisun Field, Collin College
- 2015 Usma Rashid, Collin College
- 2016 Yanyun Lin, Stony Brook University
Andrea Patterson, RPSGT, R. EEG T., managed the Hennepin County Sleep Program in Minneapolis, Minnesota for almost 30 years and was a leader in early efforts to develop a standardized competency-based test for sleep technologists. Those efforts were instrumental in the development of the RPSGT credentialing program. She published extensively in scientific journals and served on the BRPT Exam Development Committee for over 20 years, until her death in 2007.
Click Here to read the news releases about the scholarship winners.