Join Us At World Sleep 2019!
The Best of Sleep Medicine and Research
We’re so excited the World Sleep Society is collaborating with the Canadian Sleep Society to host World Sleep 2019 September 20-25 at the Vancouver Convention Centre in Vancouver, Canada. World Sleep 2019 is a full scientific congress on sleep medicine and research bringing sleep professionals from more than 75 countries together to advance sleep health worldwide. The congress will feature the most current, world-class scientific content in the field of sleep medicine and research. For more information, go to: www.worldsleepcongress.com. And, please be sure to stop by the BRPT Booth #214 in the exhibit hall to say hello and to meet BRPT executives – we’d love to answer any questions you might have and to hear your thoughts and insights.
Join the BRPT’s panel discussion delving into the Future of Sleep on Tuesday, September 24 from 9:00 am – 10:30 am.
In this session, the BRPT will share its perspective on the future of sleep medicine. BRPT representatives will outline the ways in which the field is changing, and how sleep technologists can best capitalize, and thrive, on these new developments.
Specific areas covered will include:
• Disruptive trends in sleep;
• The evolving role of sleep health professionals;
• Growing your sleep health career, as well as your profession;
• Technology’s impact on the future of sleep; and,
• Micro-credentials and their place in the sleep world.
Upon completion of this CME activity, participants should be able to:
• Describe the evolving role of sleep professionals including inpatient screening and as physician extenders;
• Discuss the changing healthcare landscape including novel payment models and disruptive technologies; and,
• Understand situated sleep medicine in the broader healthcare industry in terms of outcomes, population health, and wellness.
Furthering Our Efforts To Be The Global Leader In Sleep Technologist Credentialing And Certification
Finally, at World Sleep 2019, the BRPT is spearheading a meeting with sleep health professionals from around the world to discuss sleep technologist credentialing. This is an excellent opportunity for the BRPT, the European Sleep Research Society (ESRS), the WSS, and the CSS to recognize the work involved in building a databank of questions, reviewing eligibility, administering exams, as well as requirements for continuing education and recertification. Stay tuned!