Important Changes to STAR Programs Effective 2020:
In an effort to assess the efficacy of STAR-designated education programs, the BRPT will implement a two-tiered checks and balances system beginning in 2020.
First, all existing STAR programs will be required to submit an annual report that outlines the following:
1. Number of completers.
2. Number of completers who took the CCSH / RPSGT / CPSGT exams.
3. CCSH / RPSGT / CPSGT pass rates for exam takers.
4. Job placement statistics.
5. Completer satisfaction survey results.
6. Personnel changes.
7. Curriculum / competency changes.
The first annual report is due January 31, 2020.
Then, in 2021, the BRPT will implement a 5-year renewal process for all STAR-designated education programs.
In addition to the annual report, a nominal annual fee to cover administrative costs will be required. More details will be forthcoming.