CPSGT Examination Primary References
The following references can help with preparation for the CPSGT exam. The list is not all inclusive and inclusion does not constitute endorsement by BRPT or any officers or representatives of BRPT. There are many good textbooks and references available to be used as companions to STAR-designated Self-Study, Focused, and Focused 2 education programs. Candidates should choose study options based on their educational needs and learning preferences. Study materials should be current and the most recent versions or editions. As a general guideline, candidates should consider using one basic sleep technology textbook in addition to the STAR program, the AASM scoring manual, and selected AASM standards and guidelines.
- Practice Parameters for the Use of Continuous and Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure Devices to Treat Adult Patients w/ Sleep Related Breathing Disorders
- Practice Parameters for Oral Appliance Therapy
- Practice Parameters for the Indication of Polysomnography and Related Procedures
- Practice Parameters for the Respiratory Indications for Polysomnography in Children
- Practice Parameters for the Non-Respiratory Indication for Polsomnography and Multiple Sleep Latency Testing in Children
- Practice Parameters for Behavioral Treatment of Bedtime Problems and Night Waking in Infants and Young Children
- Practice Parameters: The Clinical Use of the MSLT & MWT
- Practice Parameters: The Treatment of Restless Legs Syndrome and Periodic Limb Movement Disorder in Adults
- Practice Parameters for the Treatment of narcolepsy and Other Hypersomnias of Central Origin
- Clinical Guidelines for the Use of Unattended Port Monitoring in the Diagnosis of OSA in Adult
- Clinical Guidelines for the Evaluation, Management and Long-Term Care of Obstructive Sleep Apnea in Adults
- Clinical Guidelines for the Manual Titration of Positive Airway Pressure in Patients with Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- AASM Manual for the Scoring of Sleep & Associated Events Rules, Terminology & Technical Specifications (*It is suggested that you use the most recent Scoring Manual publication*)
- Fundamentals of Sleep Medicine
- Fundamentals of Sleep Technology
- Sleep Disorders Medicine: S. Chokroverty
- Polysomnography for the Sleep Technologist: Instrumentation, Monitoring, and Related Procedures: Robertson, Marshall, & Carno
- Pediatric Sleep Pearls: Marcus, Del Rosso, Berry, Wagner
- Clinical Practice Guidelines for Diagnostic Testing for Adult Obstructive Sleep Apnea: Kapur, Vishesh K., et al.
- A Daytime Abbreviated Cardio-Respiratory Sleep Study to Acclimate Insomnia Patients with Sleep-Disordered Breathing to Positive Airway Pressure (PAP NAP)+: Krakow, Barry, et al.
- A Clinical Guide to Pediatric Sleep: Diagnosis and Management of Sleep Problems: Mindell, J.A. Owens
- Sleep Medicine Pearls: Richard, Berry, Wagner